- Made in the USA
- Cleans teeth
- Freshens breath
- Advanced Oral Care with denta-C is scientifically formulated to reduce plaque that harbors bacteria
- Wrap-around design cleans in one easy motion
- 80% of all dogs suffer from periodontal disease by the age of 3 (Source: American Veterinary Dental Society)
- Preventative dental care reduces the risk of developing oral disease, which can lead to serious issues for dogs and cats
- Establishing a daily routine of proper dental care may extend the life of your pet
Nylabone, the makers of safe, healthy chews since 1955, also has a line of safe and healthful dental care items. “Over 45 million dogs in the United States currently have oral disease,” says Mike Connelly, Vice President of Marketing for Nylabone Products, “and periodontal disease can lead to more serious and life-threatening ailments such as lung, heart and kidney ailments.”
In addition, many of Nylabone's products contain Denta-C. Denta-C is a scientifically-formulated blend of ingredients including Vitamin C that is clinically proven to reduce plaque that harbors bacteria, and Sodium Hexametaphosphate, a safe, natural detergent found in nature. Together, this power-duo helps control the build-up of plaque and tartar leading to bad breath. The end result is healthier gums, whiter teeth and a healthier pet.
Begin by letting your dog taste a small amount of Nylabone Dental Toothpaste. Using your finger, gently rub teeth and gums in a circular motion. Then introduce the toothbrush with a small amount of toothpaste. Allow your dog to taste, then gently start brushing with a back & forth motion (no rinsing is necessary). Remember to praise and reward with a treat after every successful brushing!