Create a custom-shaped fence to keep your persistent pup safe. The Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence™ system allows you to create an in-ground fence for dogs tailored to your yard’s unique shape and size.
With this fence you’ll get 500 ft of wire so you can fence in a 1/3-acre yard. If your yard is bigger, you can purchase more wire to cover up to 25 acres.
You will also get 1 waterproof Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar which has a tone plus vibration mode and 4 levels of safe, static correction designed for the most determined dogs.
You can adjust the correction based on how your dog responds during training. The tone plus vibration mode makes this collar a great choice for those furry friends who have a little trouble hearing. Use this mode to teach them their new play area and keep them safe inside their yard.
You’ll want some help installing your fence, so text your friend and plan a weekend to work on this DIY project together. Once the fence is installed, you’ll be able to introduce your dog to their new play area! With a bit of daily training, your dog will learn the boundary area in as little as 2 weeks.
If you have more than 1 pet at home, purchase additional receiver collars so all of your pets can safely play in the yard together. Your pet deserves the best. Trust PetSafe® to keep your pet healthy, safe and happy.
- Best in-ground fence for the most stubborn dogs
- Create a custom-shaped fence for your yard
- Tone plus vibration mode is great for hearing-impaired pets
- Cover up to a 1/3-acre yard with included 500 ft of wire
- Purchase extra boundary wire to expand up to 25 acres
- Installation is a 2-person, DIY weekend project
- Includes 1 Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar
- Tone plus vibration mode and 4 levels of adjustable static correction
- Purchase additional receiver collars for all of your pets
- For dogs 8 lb and up and who are 6 months and older
- Waterproof collar adjusts to fit neck sizes 6-28 in
- Battery-operated receiver collar, includes 1 9-Volt alkaline battery
How does an in-ground pet fence actually work?
An in-ground fence works by sending a radio signal through a buried boundary wire (up to 4,500 feet). Your pet wears a receiver collar that picks up the signal. When your pet nears the boundary, the receiver collar will tone and vibrate to alert your pet that he has entered the warning zone. If he continues to venture out, the receiver collar will issue a safe but startling correction, like the static you feel if you drag your feet across a carpet and then touch a door handle.
How long will it take to install an in-ground pet fence?
It can take up to 2 days to properly plan and install the Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence™ system. Pick a weekend with good weather and consider asking a friend for help.
How do I fit the Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar?
Proper fit is essential to the effectiveness and safety of the receiver collar. If it’s too loose, it won’t correct your dog. If the collar is too tight it might irritate your dog’s skin. Visit our support site for more information about how to fit your dog’s collar.
How do I train my dog to learn the fenced-in area?
You’ll want to make sure you spend time consistently training your dog so he learns where his new boundary area is. We recommend this fence for dogs who are at least 6 months and older based on your dog’s cognitive development. A puppy should be able to consistently respond to basic commands such as “come” and “sit” before he is ready to start training with any kind of static correction collar.
- Transmitter with power adaptor
- 1 Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar
- Surge protector
- 1 9-Volt alkaline battery
- 500 feet of wire and 50 training flags
- 2 waterproof splice capsules and 2 wire connectors
- Short and long contact points for short or long-haired pets
- Test light tool
- Product manual
Compatible Add-A-Dog® Receiver Collars
- Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar (Included with This System)
- Deluxe UltraLight™ Receiver Collar
- Little Dog In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar
- Rechargeable In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar
- In-Ground Fence™ Receiver Collar for Cats