Asparagus officinalis 'Millennium'
One of the highest yielding male hybrid asparagus available, maintaining its high yield year after year and its ability to withstand cold winter temperatures.
1) Plant in spring after the soil has warmed up to 50 degrees.
2) Asparagus need well drained soil with a pH of 7 to 7.2, a soil test is recommended to show any fertilizer needs.
3) Dig a furrow 5-6 inches deep and apply 1 lb of 0-46-0 fertilizer per 50 feet row to the bottom of the furrow.
4) Place crowns in the furrow, 12-16 inches apart; fertilizer will not burn asparagus crowns and they will grow no matter how they are placed in the furrow.
5) Fill the furrow with soil to its original level and do not tamp down.