The Advance Dog Potty Training Bells make training your dog to go outside without scratching, whining or barking easier. Two snaps allow for 27" or 31" lengths to accommodate most doors and sizes of dogs. Available in solid black and patterns, the potty training bells are both fashionable and functional options for teaching your dog to let you know when it needs to be let out. STEP 1: Hang or secure your Advance® POTTY TRAINING BELLS on the door your dog uses to go outside. POTTY TRAINING BELLS should stay on the door at all times to be accessible whenever your dog needs to go out. STEP 2: Your dog needs to be taught to tap the bells with his paw, nose, or tail. To do that, familiarize your dog with the bells when it is time for him to go out to potty. Say "Let's go potty, ring the bells" while pointing to the POTTY TRAINING BELLS. STEP 3: Help him ring the bells, then praise him and allow him to go out. To encourage the desired behavior, be consistent and use the same phrase and actions with your dog every time he needs to go potty, prompting him to ring the bells. STEP 4: Eventually your dog will associate ringing the bells with being let out to do his business and will ring them on his own. Make sure you respond immediately to your dog ringing the POTTY TRAINING BELLS to avoid accidents or unwanted behavior. Praise him every time.
Helps your dog communicate the need to go outside.
- Hang the bells on the door handle for easy set-up and let your dog tell you when he needs to go out.
- Bells jingle to get your attention and let you know that your dog is ready to go use the potty.
- Eliminate the bad habit of indoor accidents by giving your dog an easy way to tell you he needs to go outside.
- There are two handy snap options to choose between 27-inches and 31-inches in length to accommodate most doors and sizes.
- Simply jingle the bells when you take your dog out, and reward him when he begins to use the bells himself to ensure his new habit sticks.