ORIJEN® Guardian 8 is a nourishing food specially formulated to address 8 common cat ailments through quality ingredients. Because of the abundance of fresh and raw WholePrey animal ingredients in this diet, less supplementation is needed to support your cat’s health for a lifetime. With 90%* premium animal ingredients, and 2/3 of those being fresh and raw, Guardian 8 contains nutritious ingredients that help support your cat’s overall health with 8 benefits. These benefits include Immune support, Digestive health support, Healthy skin & coat support, Muscle maintenance, Heart health, Joint health, Brain & cognitive function, and Eye health.
Nourish As Nature Intended®
- The first 5 ingredients are fresh or raw poultry and fish ingredients. Our fresh ingredients use refrigeration as the sole method of preservation and our raw ingredients are frozen at their peak freshness.
- Our authentic WholePrey diet features the most succulent parts of the prey like poultry or fish, organs and bone to mimic what your cat’s ancestors consumed in the wild.
- Helps support your cat’s digestion with prebiotics such as dried chicory root and natural sources of fiber from whole pumpkin, collard greens, whole apples & whole pears.
- 2/3 of each bag includes fresh or raw ingredients.
*Approximate and derived from the unprocessed state of the ingredients
8 BENEFITS FOR OVERALL HEALTH
- Immune Support | Supports immune function with EPA and DHA from wild-caught fish, and antioxidant nutrients from ingredients including fruit and vegetables.
- Digestive Health | Helps support digestion with prebiotics such as dried chicory root & fiber from fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy Skin & Coat | Supports a shiny coat and healthy skin with Omega-3-rich oils from wild-caught pollock.
- Heart Health | Helps support heart health with naturally-occurring Taurine found in animal protein sources like poultry, fish and eggs.
- Muscle Maintenance | Formulated with 90% animal ingredients* such as chicken, salmon and turkey to help support muscle maintenance in your cat.
- Joint Health | Supports joint health for adult and senior cats with oil rich in Omega-3 fatty acids from wild-caught pollock.
- Aids Brain Function | Helps support cognitive function with oil rich in DHA and EPA from wild-caught pollock, and naturally-occurring Arginine from poultry and fish.
- Eye Health | Supports retinal function with naturally-occurring Taurine and Vitamin A from animal sources such as chicken and turkey liver.
Chicken, salmon, turkey, whole herring, whole mackerel, chicken liver, turkey giblets (liver, heart, gizzard), eggs, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated sardine, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated egg, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, rabbit, pollock oil, whole green lentils, whole chickpeas, whole peas, whole navy beans, pea starch, ground miscanthus grass, natural chicken flavor, chicken fat, chicken hearts, whole cranberries, choline chloride, dried kelp, mixed tocopherols (preservative), whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, collard greens, whole apples, whole pears, zinc proteinate, vitamin E supplement, dried chicory root, hydrolyzed yeast, dried brewers yeast, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, copper proteinate, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, rosemary extract, citric acid (preservative), dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Metabolizable Energy is 3980 kcal/kg (498 kcal per 250ml/8 oz cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 40% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruits, and 41% from fat.
ORIJEN GUARDIAN 8 ADULT CAT FOOD is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for adult maintenance.
- Crude protein (min.)40%
- Crude fat (min.)18%
- Crude fiber (max.)4%
- Moisture (max.)10%
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.)0.35%
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.)0.35%
- Calcium (min.)1.4%
- Phosphorus (min.)1.1%
- Magnesium (max.)0.1%
- Vitamin A (min.)25,000 IU/kg
- Taurine (min.)0.1%
- Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.)3%
- Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.)1.2%
- Total Microorganisms* (min)1 Million CFU/lb
- (Lactobacillus acidophilus Bifidobacterium animalis Lactobacillus casei)
- *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
I have personally not tried it so I can't attest to the flavor, but the cats seem to like it. Theoretically pretty healthy too based on the label but who knows. Seemed like a good bet after a few hours of googling healthiest cat foods.