All About It
Luster Leaf's Rapiclip Tomato Twine is the perfect for dozens of uses around the house and garden. While it is already handy and convenient tying twine for any around-the-house use, it is still soft enough to hold up tender tomato vines.
Jute Twine products like this one from Rapiclip offer a natural, biodegradable and compostable option for tying up your tomato plants. It is both light and durable with plenty of feet of twine to use for even larger at-home gardens, or for a couple of seasons if you only have a few plants.
Why You'll Love It
- Natural jute is eco-friendly, biodegradable, and compostable
- Green color blends into the surroundings
- Multi-functional use in the garden or around the home
- Sturdy and durable twine that will last
- Great for training and supporting your plants
How to Use It
For String Training
- Run a wire, pipe, or board between two 8′ high stakes. You can also use the string in a pinch.
- Tie a string every 12″- 18″ so it hangs down towards the soil. Plant your tomatoes at every string so they are also 12″-18″ apart.
- Secure the string to the soil at the base of your tomato with a garden pin by winding the string around the pin and shoving it in the soil. You can also wrap the string several times around the base of the tomato plant to secure it.
- Twirl your plants around the string once your tomato is around 12″ high and is getting its first set of flowers.
- Twirl once a week until the end of summer.
Tying String to Stakes
- Drive a stake about a foot into the ground near each plant.
- Tie a loose loop around the plant stem, and a knot around the stake.
- Tie a string in a double knot around the stake.
- Find a part of the stalk that is just beneath a branch.
- Tie a loose double knot around the stalk of the plant.
- Tie up individual branches.
- Brand Luster Leaf
- Color Green
- Style No. 875 Jute Twine
- Dimensions 5 in. L x 6 in. W x 5 in. H
- Weight 0.8 oz
Shipping, Returns, & Guarantees
Free Home Delivery
We offer our own Home Delivery service! Check out the details on our Free Home Delivery page:
Website Tips and Shipping Information
We also have traditional shipping options available if you need your package to be delivered outside of Alaska. Take a look at the information on our website through the link below:
ALL REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES MUST BE MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT.
- Unopened products may be returned with the original sales receipt